Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Great Deal on a Great New Book

The return of Bernie Günther! Didn't think I'd ever see it happen, but I'm overjoyed that it has. Philip Kerr's superlative Berlin Noir is a trilogy with one novel set during the rise of the Nazi party, one during WW2, and one in the aftermath of the war. Bernie is a private eye who is hired for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is to search for lost loved ones among the thousands of people that disappear during wartime.

The novels are brilliantly written, and really make you feel like you are walking the streets of Berlin with Bernie. There is a mystery involving his love interest in the book that brilliantly unites the second and third novels.

I just picked up the latest, the fourth installment and follow-up to the trilogy, "The One from The Other", but haven't had a chance to dive into it yet. I did notice however that Amazon is now selling it for $8, which is about $11 cheaper than I paid them for it about a week ago. Sucks for me, good for you.

Snap it up quick


No comments: